Saturday, September 14, 2013

Habanero Chili Pepper Jelly

This is the first time I have ever used straight habanero's in this recipe.  It usually calls for 1 cup of sweet chili's and 1/2 cup of hot chili's.  This time, I used all hot chili's.  Very, very, very hot chili's.
Even after so many chili's, the jelly turned out wonderfully.  I was worried it would have to much heat.  It does not.  It is still very spicy, but I think all of that sugar calms the fiery dragon.  ; )
The habanero taste shines right through!

This is my recipe
1 1/2 cups ground chili's
6 1/2 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups vinegar 
6 oz of liquid pectin
Grind chili's and mix with sugar and vinegar.  Simmer 10 minutes, strain if desired <I dont> and add pectin.  Bring to a boil, turn off heat and pour in sterilized jars.

Fresh from the garden Habanero's 

Ingredients for Habby Jelly

Cutting off stem and removing seeds

Into the food processor 

Do NOT forget a fan for exhaust

Almost 1 1/2 cups of chopped habby's



Making jelly.
DO NOT BREATHE THIS

Finished Habby Jelly
12 tiny jars



















No comments:

Post a Comment